In SwitzerlandAs a firm, you have doubtless incurred expenses and operating costs in Switzerland either during business trips or when exhibiting your products. In your country you could deduct the VAT paid from that you pay on sales to your tax administration. What is the situation in Switzerland if your head office is not in the country? You cannot recover the VAT you might pay on any goods or services purchased on behalf of your firm, unless you commission a representative with a domicile or registered office in Switzerland. The French-Swiss Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CFSCI), in collaboration with the other chambers of commerce in Switzerland including the CVCI, offers you its services to obtain the VAT reimbursement to which you are entitled.
Which services are provided by the CFSCI ?
- The CFSCI collects all your invoices and sends the requests for reimbursement to the relevant Swiss tax authorities (every time the amount of VAT to be reimbursed exceeds CHF 500 but no more than one per quarter).
- It assumes responsibility for all correspondence resulting from questions raised by the tax authorities.
- It transmits the amounts to be reimbursed as soon as it receives them and notifies the administration that they have been received.
- It sends you a quarterly statement of the requests for reimbursement submitted to the tax authorities, indicating the expected amounts to be reimbursed.
How much will this cost you ?
- single participation of CHF 250 for registration fees
- 15% of the total amount of VAT recovered
What do you need to do ?The procedures have been simplified for you as far as possible.
Contact :M. Olivier Neuhaus
Tel.: +41 (0) 228 490 570
Fax: +41 (0) 227 350 133
CFSCI Route de Chêne, 5
CP 6298 £1211 – GENEVE 6 Switzerland
AbroadFor many firms, recovering VAT paid abroad is often more like an assault course and steering a course through the numerous intricacies of foreign VAT remains a difficult and complex process. Globally active Swiss firms incurring regular expenses abroad – for example during trade fairs and conferences or for travel, marketing and consulting purposes – pay between 15% and 25 % VAT on all expenditure. Depending on the type of expense, VAT recovery may be requested in most European countries. Unfortunately, this is often a source of major headaches. Each European country applies different rules and the formalities necessary to obtain a reimbursement must be completed on site with the authorities concerned. The time and effort required often causes small and medium-sized firms to abandon their attempts to recover VAT. To satisfy this need, the CVCI provides the services of the firm Cash Back VAT Reclaim SA which boasts some 20 years’ experience in this field as well as a network of local partners in more than 30 countries.
Contact and information on conditionsCash Back VAT Reclaim SA
6330 Cham - Switzerland
Tel.: +41 (0)41 747 30 00
Fax: +41 (0)41 747 31 00